Very nice arcade conversion! Our German-language review can be found in our recorded livestream starting at 01:21:50. Subscription to our YouTube or Twitch channel is welcome. 🙂
A downloadable game
Amidar is a 1982 arcade game by Konami
This is an attempted 1:1 port for Amiga 500, 1MB memory
- original visual & sounds
- faithful enemy behaviour & speed & increasing difficulty
- 50 frames per second (PAL) even on a 68000 A500
- all levels & bonus levels
- original intro
- joystick controlled (port 1) or keyboard controls (arrows + space)
- can run directly from shell or from whdload (fast machines/complex configurations)
- joystick directions/arrows: move player
- space/fire button: start game
- P/second button: pause
- F10 (or quitkey): quit (and save scores)
HOW TO PLAY:
- avoid enemies
- eat all dots (odd levels) to complete level
- paint all zones (even levels) to complete level. You cannot start painting from an unpainted zone
- if cornered use jump to get past the enemies
- fill all 4 corner regions to get a temporary "power state" where you can kill the
- after a while, the white thief (aka tracer) will start following you. Don't wait too long!
- Jean-Francois Fabre (aka jotd): code and gfx/sfx conversion
- Andrzej Dobrowolski (aka no9): music/sfx conversion
- Frank Wille (aka phx): sfx/module player
- meynaf: random routine
- eab forum: useful advice & support
- Superjustinbros: sprite rips https://www.spriters-resource.com/arcade/amidar
- konami: original game :)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I played it on my TheA500 Mini and I gotta say, I actually enjoyed it. And it is a pretty damn good port for the Amiga 500. I hope you do it with more arcade games soon.
Very nice. Thanks :)
Nice arcade game!
Could you make a WHDLoad version of this game? If so, it should be compatible with the upcoming THEA500 Mini
One of my favorite arcade games! Well done!