Gameplay - v.089
Supercars 2 AGA
A downloadable game
Supercars 2 AGA by JOTD
A reboot of Supercars 2 by Magnetic Fields / Gremlin for A1200/A4000 computers using AGA graphics
- 256 color screens from Supercars 3 international
- colored enemy cars instead of gray ones (128 colors displayed on screen)
- based on original Shaun Southern source code
- optional in-game music (choice between sfx only, J.M.D tunes, Lotus tunes)
- joypad controls
- runs on a 2MB chip vanilla A1200 in DOS mode with a hard disk
- workable NTSC screen layout (whdload only)
- 100% same Supercars 2 gameplay
- runs on unexpanded A1200 and CD32 machines
- load/save highscores & best times
How to run:
* With whdload & fast memory:
whdload supercars2.slave preload
Then change options in the splash screen
* With whdload on standard A1200 (no fast):
Without whdload (not working at least from CF cards):
reverse: rear weapon (instead of joydown)
forward: front weapon (instead of joyup)
reverse+forward when paused: ESC
M/joypad forward: (during start menu): switches music mode (screen flashes blue)
- Shaun Southern/Andrew Morris: original OCS brillant game
- JOTD: adaptation to AGA machines
- Andrew Morris: static AGA screens (ripped from Supercars International)
- J.M.D: additional music
- phx: ptplayer which allows proper music timing in NTSC
and also music+sfx during play
- ross: help with AGA screen settings
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hello, I get an error message when burning the iso.
Can you explore the iso with 7zip or other? what is the error message?
Strange, it was probably the burner. I have now tried again. This time it also worked. You have done very well.
Maybe some audio tracks for the CD32 would have been cool. But I do not want to criticize, I'm glad that there is a CD32 port in AGA.
Ah that was one of my other projects: use CD32load to use CD tracks. That would have meant more channels for sfx and any music. But it creates more work and the game is already very good with the AGA/audio enhancement already.